Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cabbage Casserole

Hey Everyone! I decided to return (or attempt to) the world of blogging! I shared a picture of our meal I made on Wednesday night and many friends were interested in the recipe so here goes! 

I found the original recipe on Runs for Cookie's blog and tweaked it a little bit to my liking. 

    

Makes 6 servings 
Ingredients- 
1 head of cabbage, chopped pretty small
1 yellow onion, diced
1 lb 93/7 lean organic grass fed ground beef 
1 can Campbell's condensed Tomato Soup (healthy request)
1 can peeled whole tomatoes 
2 tbsp minced garlic 
1 tbsp Italian seasoning 
Lowrys seasoning to taste 
Optional- rice to serve with (I use Success jasmine) 

-Core and chop cabbage and clean thoroughly. I like to use FIT organic fruit and veggie wash. I then rinse and place in large bowl with cold water to soak (I'm not sure why I do this but it's how my nanny makes her cabbage!) while I am prepping the rest. 
-Drain the canned whole tomatoes and coarsely chop, set aside. 
-Sautee onions and garlic in deep pan (I use a small stock pot) that I have lightly sprayed olive oil on with the Misto. Add ground beef and brown. Once brown, drain fat using colander. 
-Lightly spray the pot with olive oil again and toss in cabbage. Sautee cabbage for a couple of minutes on high stirring frequently. Add 1 cup of water and let cabbage cook an additional 10 minutes on high.
-once wilted, throw in ground beef/onion/garlic mixture. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato soup and seasonings. Place lid on pan and let simmer 30-45minutes until cabbage is at desired consistency. 

Serve warm over rice. I like to add Sriracha for a kick! I hope you enjoy! 

200 calories per serving (not including rice) 

No comments:

Post a Comment